Witham Transport Services
Witham Transport Services

Sending a car overseas

A couple of things to think about before you send a car overseas: 

  1. You’ll need to tell the Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) when you are taking your vehicle out of the country on a permanent basis. If you are taking your vehicle or a hired vehicle on a temporary basis, you must take the appropriate documentation with you.
  2. When a UK registered vehicle is taken out of the country for 12 months or more, it is regarded as being permanently exported from the UK. You can tell DVLA if you are taking your vehicle out of the UK permanently by filling in the purple section ‘Notification of Permanent Export’ (V5C/4) of the Vehicle Registration Certificate (V5C), this should be sent to DVLA, Swansea SA99 1BD. The rest of the V5C should then be kept, as you may need this to re-register the vehicle abroad, as once exported, your vehicle will become subject to the legal requirements of the new country. 

When shipping your car overseas from the UK, please remember that overseas customs formalities vary from country to country.


(Source: www.direct.gov.uk)



Need a quote?

Call us now on 01376 521044.


Or use our contact form and we will get back to you within 24 hours!

In order to visit us

Witham Transport Services




Working hours

Print | Sitemap
© Witham Transport Services